Thursday, August 19, 2010

On my Own

And so my journey to Uganda began yesterday.  I said goodbye to my youngest brother, Darin, and older sister, Kendra, while trying to hold in the tears.  I will miss them both a lot, and Darin's sad puppy face did not help in the goodbye process.  I traveled with my parents and younger brother, Austin, to the Washington Dulles airport.  Once there, I said my final goodbyes and tried to remember everything they had told me about traveling and what to do in certain situations.  I thought leaveing would be a lot harder and maybe it will get much harder.  All I know right now is that God has given me such a peace.  I do not feel scared or worried.  God is in control and I know He will look out for me; such peace that puts in my heart and mind. 

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful to hear that you can feel the peace of our Lord. I never got to officially say good bye, but that's okay, because I know your in God's hands and nothing can get in the way of your passion to bring Him glory. So I'm praying for you and I'm not going to say bye, because I know some day we will meet again. haha That sounds so formal. But seriously I can't wait to read what God is doing in your life and see how you keep growing in your relationship with Christ.
    <3 Vicki

    ReplyDelete