Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Last Weeks of Lecture Phase!!

Last Saturday I went into town and then on Sunday Bosco and I went to a place called Bugambi to play basketball on a real b-ball court.  It was a court for a boarding school so we actually practiced with the team.  It was extremely exhausting especially because it was like the hottest part of the day and I had no water with me.  On Monday we had no classes so we just did a lot of practicing of our dances.  Tuesday and Wednesday our teacher arrived and taught on prayer and intercession.  I really enjoyed the topic and it challenged me to improve my prayer life.  I realized areas that I am very weak in.  Also one of those days we had a meeting and discussed responsibilities for outreach.  The leaders appointed like managers for different areas and I was appointed administrator which means I and the other administrator are in charge of all the other management areas.  If people of problems they come to us.  We also have to take care of the hour long practice times every night and figure out who speaks at what church and stuff like that.  So far it has not been too bad, but it might be a lot harder once we are on outreach.  Thursday brought around the base prayer and fasting day.  Our teacher could not come that day so Msaki, the school leader, spoke briefly on the topic of the cost of discipleship.   Then Friday we had the whole day off so I was able to go to town and skype my family...always makes for a good day!  So this past week was a fairly laid back week which made it really enjoyable.  On Saturday I went to town again but did not do much of anything.  I finally went to church again on Sunday.  It was another interesting experience.  I just cannot get used to their style of doing things, but I have only gone to a Ugandan style church twice.  Basically they preach, praise, pray, etc extremely loud.  I guess it just sometimes feels like everyone just puts on a show and there is not true heart behind it all.  That is just how I perceive it.  We spent the rest of Sunday relaxing by Lake Victoria.  And now onto our last week of classes.  Monday and Tuesday we have lectures and then we have the rest of the week off to prepare for outreach next Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment